Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Joy...

I can honestly say that I don't live with a lot of joy in my life.  Certainly there are joyful moments, but do I feel the lasting contentment that comes with joy?  No.  I do not.  Instead, I'd say that in my head, I'm always looking for what's wrong, and how to improve upon it.  For years, I've said, "What's wrong with that?"  I find problems.  There is a need for people who do that.  I find problems and I solve them.  It's a commodity.  But like every weakness, this is an overflow of a strength.... and it robs me of joy.  Nice to know. 

Then today I read this fabulous quote:  "Joy is a deeply-rooted confidence that God is in control.” - TRUSTING GOD (Jaynes, Smith, Southerland), and I was reminded that everytime I find problems and stress out about them, and think about what I need to DO, DO, DO  --  that I'm not resting in the fact that God is in control.  He gave me the skills and aptitude to solve whatever life throws at me!  I have nothing to worry about.  And that when I really trust in God, that nothing will be a problem-- and all there is room for is joy. 

Just the thought is comforting.  Just the thought that I can have confidence in God to run it is joyful.  I don't know why I've been trying to run it.  Who do I think I am?  Compared to God?  Less than a speck on a flea.  And yet, he trusts me enough to give me skills to run things, and to handle it.  So why don't I rest in him? 

Horray for a Paradym Shift!  Joy is a deeply-rooted confidence that God is in control!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment