Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Pasta E Fagioli Soup

My son really loves Olive Garden's Pasta E Fagioli soup, so this weekend, I decided I was going to make some soup.  After looking at recipes, and what was available in my pantry and fridge, here's the recipe I created.  It turned out to be super yummy with some zip!

1 cup of chopped onions,
1 cup of carrots shredded
1 diced green pepper

(saute above ingredients with Pam Spray in large cooking pot)

add the following once the green peppers are cooked:

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can northern beans
1 can of black beans

Stir it all up.  Allow above ingredients to heat up.

Add the following:  one jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce, 3 chicken bullion cubes, and about 32 oz of water.  Also add about 1.5 tsp of hot sauce.

Bring to a boil, add 1 cup of your favorite pasta noodles,  or whatever you had on hand.  I used mini bow tie pasta.

Let simmer for 40 minutes on low heat and voila! 

Super easy to make and a hearty and delicious meal!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment