Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stove Top Rice Pudding

I was looking for an easy stove top rice pudding recipe to use on the stove (because my oven is broke), and I found a few recipes that looked great but called for HUGE amounts of recipe, and many ingredients.  In order to cook frugally, one must use fewer ingredients.  It saves money.  I wanted my rice pudding to be both great and economical.  Here's what I came up with:

1 1/2 cups rice, cooked.
2 TBL Sweetend Condensed Milk
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
one egg
1/4 cup of raisins

Turn the stove on to medium heat and add to a medium sized pan rice, sweetend condensed milk, milk, and egg.  Stir until egg is worked into mixture.  Add spices and raisins.  Bring to a vigorous simmer.  Stir VERY often.  Cook for about 8 minutes until mixture is thickened and raisins are soft.

Voila!  Serve warm.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment