Thursday, July 14, 2011

Boys, Kitchens, Cannolis & Coupons

So "The Purpose of Boys" is insightful.  It basically describes how in our culture we need to make sure that we institute multiple structures for our boys to be successful.  Boys need rites of passage-- we don't have enough.  Boys need strong discipline and guidance.  Boys need to have many mentors who can reinforce value systems.  Good read.  Worth the time.   Still working on the second half.  I'll be enrolling my son in Brazilian Ju Jit Su and also I'm thinking cub scouts-- and I'm magically going to turn my wonderful husband into a great scout leader! :)  (Not sure how yet, but maybe he'll just do it! )

Kitchens--  Okay!  SO before I challenged myself to keep my kitchen clean, I should have done the math!  30 days of a clean kitchen means the kitchen has to be cleaned 90 times!!!!!!!!  That's ridiculous!  Where can I sign up for the Jetsons robot?  What was her name again?

I've been to Publix 3 times and each time I've been able to completely avoid the bakery-- which holds the precious cannolis.  So far, so good.  At least I'm experiencing "easy" success with this one!  :) 

And now to my coupon total for the day:  I spent $86 dollars at Publix saved $119!  Horray!  I wish Publix doubled coupons.

1 comment:

  1. You need to make your own cannoli's you'll be able to bypass any bakery once you do. Need a recipe? I might could give you a goodin. :-)

    ReplyDelete