Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New Mom Fortifying Breakfast

My poor baby is teething and cutting his top two teeth, and has an ear infection to boot.  I've been up every 2 hours for the last two nights, and have only had 5 hours sleep last night.  While that's not downright sleep deprivation, I do feel tired... well, that was until I had my fortifying breakfast.  It consisted of the following:
  • 2 Tylenol - for aches and pains from carrying a 25 lb child
  • 3 fish oil for brain power
  • 1 multi vitamin
    • PSA--check with your doctor before taking supplements and medications.  :)
  • 1 egg, two whites with milk and cheese - scrambled
  • 1 serving of cottage cheese topped with blueberries for anti-oxidants, brain power, and flavor.
  • water
  • coffee to wash it all down.
I'm feeling more ready for the day by the moment!  I tried to keep the carbs low so that I wouldn't be tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment