Friday, July 15, 2011

First Trip to the Beach

I don't know why I'm this way, but I dread new things.  Maybe dread is a strong word.  Too strong.  Okay.  I don't dread new things.  I don't like the unknown about something.  Unknown=dangerous for me.  I don't know why either.  I'd never taken Gregory to the beach, but I knew I was ready to take him.  So I decided I was going to take Gregory to the beach when my friend Pam invited us. 

We went to a private beach near our home, and so that cut out on commuting time. 


First he was just sitting in the sand, picking it up with his fingers.  I was nervous he was going to try to eat it, but he decided that he didn't like the texture-- so he didn't try.  Horray!


Then he saw the water, and started crawling towards it.


and stopped to play with the shovel I gave him.


and found a seeweed.


Overall it was a really good visit to the beach, and I'm glad we went.    I'm also glad we did something new.  And I'm thinking we'll have more trips to the beach.  :)  It was definetely fun, and worth the effort!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment