Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sweetest Moments

The sweetest moments in life can fly by you so quickly if you're not paying attention.  It's so easy to get caught up in busyiness... and when you do you get robbed of joy.  This happened to me very recently, and I was reminded by my Creator that life happens fast, and if I'm grumbling, I'll miss the sweetest moments.  I've been collecting sweetest moments for two days now.  My favorite sweetest moment is today, when I took Gregory to the beach.  We played in the sand, we went in the water, and went for a walk.  Gregory took it all in.  I decided it was about time for something to eat, so I took the baby back to our blanket, and gave him a cracker and his sippy cup full of water.  He looked up at me as if to say, "Thanks mom", and then started to eat.  While he was eating his cracker quietly, a seagull came up, rather agressively, and I knew that his goal was to get my son's cracker.  So I surrounded my son with myself as best I could by sitting in front of him, with a plastic shovel, ready to swat away any bird that might steal my sons food.  Gregory sat there, oblivious, enjoying his cracker, with his sun hat on, and his sippy cup near.  It's silly, but that's one of my sweetest moments for today.

The next sweetest moment is when I just put him down for a nap, and he let me hold him and rock him-- these days he's to busy for that.  It was wonderful just to hold my son.

Don't let your sweetest moments be absorbed in busyness or ridiculousness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment